In response to the COVID-19 virus Zsambeky Chaney and Associates would like to issue some guidance on our operations to our patients. First, and foremost, our number one concern is for the safety of our patients and team members. As we strive as a community to combat the spread of this virus we will need the combined efforts and vigilance of both patients and team members.
We’re very happy and excited to announce that Zsambeky, Chaney & Associates family dentistry has reopened for routine procedures. We thank you for your support during this difficult time in our history.
We have been working extremely hard for the last several weeks with one goal in mind -SAFETY! Your safety and ours!
You can still expect excellent clinical and customer service from our dedicated team with just a few modifications:
- Patients will be triaged by phone before their appointment and in person on the day of for risk factors that may exclude them from treatment. These factors will include questions about past illness including family members and exposures to others. Temperatures will be taken at the door.
- No more than one patient in the waiting room at a time. Patients will wait in their cars until their room is ready.
- We will be seeing less patients at a time to reduce contact.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash hands before and after treatment.
- You will be asked to rinse and gargle with an oxidizing rinse called ORACARE. Oracare was recently shown in CDC lab tests to kill most viruses, bacteria, and fungi including COVID-19. Many of you will remember that we instituted this safety measure during cold and flu season for the last three years. This measure will now be permanent and year-round.
- Increased disinfection measures will be instituted using hypochlorous acid in a spray, mist and by fogger. Hypochlorous acid (also called electrolyzed water) is a safe and non-irritating disinfectant that is approximately 80 times more powerful than bleach. It will not burn or irritate skin, eyes, or the lungs. It will not discolor clothing or break down upholstery. It therefore is safe to apply anywhere in our patient setting. It has been approved by the CDC, FDA, and the WHO for various disinfection purposes in a variety of industries including grocery stores, cruise lines, food processing plants, as well as hospitals and nursing home facilities. Our purpose for switching to this disinfectant is the ability to safely fog the air and equipment in each room immediately after treatment with quick disinfection properties. This gives us another method to help us combat airborne transmission of disease. So, don't be surprised to see staff members getting into the act by fogging or getting fogged while they are cleaning a treatment room! You will see more information on Hypochlorous acid on social media in the days to come.
- Our checkout windows, doorknobs, light switches, etc. will be disinfected multiple times a day.
- We are also installing multiple plasma ionizing units in the HVAC system. This type of air purification will kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses floating in the air in under 10 minutes from release. While not perfect, this technology combined with the hypochlorous acid treatment will greatly reduce airborne/ aerosol risk while in our clinics.
- Checkout will be done by phone when possible
Again, we appreciate your loyalty and are humbled by your constant support. This situation is fluid, so please bear with us as we improve our protocols to serve you better in the days and weeks to come. Feel free to reach out with any questions by phone at 704-782-2214, email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook or Instagram.
Sincerely and with much gratitude,
The Doctors and staff of Zsambeky, Chaney & Associates
We sincerely hope that the above has helped provide clarity about our operations at Zsambeky Chaney and Associates. This is an extremely fluid situation and our operation status could change at anytime in response to the virus status or state/federal mandate. Our primary concern is your health, and the health of the community we all live in. Please feel free to call if you have any questions regarding your care.